About HMA Networks
*Please note that this page is currently under construction and will be updated very soon –
Health Ministry Networks are keenly aware of faith and health issues facing their communities. HMA Networks help raise awareness at a local level of the faith and health movement and have done so in many different ways throughout the history of HMA. Participation in a HMA Network can help carry out the mission of HMA at the local level and creates opportunities for working together to improve faith and health services at the state, regional and national level.
With identified National Regions, HMA has established relationships with leaders in local Health Ministry Networks. Regional leaders are familiar with resources in their communities and are able to respond to the needs and concerns that most effect their populations. Connecting to a HMA Network can help support you in your work in faith community nursing and/or health ministry.
Regional HMA Networks:
- Support the Vision & Mission of HMA
- Provide opportunities to collaborate and connect with peers
- Promote educational topics relating to faith and health
- Collaborate with local community groups in promoting whole person health
- Encourage membership in HMA
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas concerning faith and health matters
- Foster faith and health partnerships between communities of faith and:
- Local health systems
- Local offices of Public Health
- Community, state or national organizations
The possibilities are endless. If your group is meeting regularly, holding educational events with a health ministry focus, and would like to be a voice for health ministry in your community, consider becoming a Health Ministry Network. For more information, contact the HMA office. To contact a Network Representative in your area, see listings below.
Go forth and network.
Networks Listed by Region
The list below will help you find a Network in your area so that you can get connected locally.