About HMA Constituency Groups & Networks
HMA is wholeheartedly open to anyone involved in promoting health—spiritual, physical, mental, community—through/with faith communities or faith-based organizations.
Our Constituency Groups define members into four areas of practice – Faith Community Nursing, Health Ministry, Program Leadership, and Spiritual Leadership. To learn more connect with one of our Directors of Constituencies on our Constituency Groups page.
Health Ministry Networks are keenly aware of faith and health issues facing their communities. HMA Networks help raise awareness at a local level of the faith and health movement and have done so in many different ways throughout the history of HMA. Participation in a HMA Network can help carry out the mission of HMA at the local level and creates opportunities for working together to improve faith and health services at the state, regional and national level.
With identified National Regions, HMA has established relationships with leaders in local Health Ministry Networks. Regional leaders are familiar with resources in their communities and are able to respond to the needs and concerns that most effect their populations. Connecting to a HMA Network can help support you in your work in faith community nursing and/or health ministry.
Regional HMA Networks:
- Support the Vision & Mission of HMA
- Provide opportunities to collaborate and connect with peers
- Promote educational topics relating to faith and health
- Collaborate with local community groups in promoting whole person health
- Encourage membership in HMA
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas concerning faith and health matters
- Foster faith and health partnerships between communities of faith and:
- Local health systems
- Local offices of Public Health
- Community, state or national organizations
The possibilities are endless. If your group is meeting regularly, holding educational events with a health ministry focus, and would like to be a voice for health ministry in your community, consider becoming a Health Ministry Network. For more information, contact the HMA office. To contact a Network Representative in your area, see listings on our Find a Network page.
Go forth and network.