American Red Cross:
Catholic Health Association Resource
- Improving the Lives of Older Adults through Faith Community Partnerships: Healing Body, Mind and Spirit booklet: This 25-page booklet makes the case for greater partnership between health care organizations and faith communities in service to the elder populations they serve. It provides examples of current partnerships, suggestions for how to get started and shares relevant websites and resources. The document’s use is recommended for community benefit professionals, population health leaders, mission leaders, Faith Community Nurse coordinators at health systems and Faith Community Nurses.
- Faith-based factsheets (To get your state fact sheet use the link then click on your state, each sheet is downloadable & printable.
- Tips Campaign link for specific groups – this link has resources and stories for diverse audiences.
Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA): Nation Center on Caregiving
Faith Community Nursing Educational Video – The Spirit of Healing
- FEMA – Resources to Protect Your House of Worship (including Guide for Protecting Faith-Based Venues)
- FEMA Expands Public Assistance Eligibility to Include Houses of Worship
- Free Mobile App to Help Develop Your Safety and Security Plan – free mobile app that will help local law enforcement work with leaders of houses of worship to evaluate their facilities and create plans for preventing attacks and prepare for other catastrophic events.
- Webinar Recording: Opening Your Doors: Congregational Readiness and Recovery Support
New Videos: CMS has produced three videos which can be shown in your congregation or community setting. Each video highlights national faith and community leaders sharing basic information about open enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace:
Sample list of Health Guides available for Health Ministers:
Health Insurance Marketplace!
From Coverage to Care Health Insurance Tools:
- The Five Ways to Make the Most of Your Health Insurance fact sheet
- The Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You
- Recorded presentations and Power Point slides
- Medicare and the Annual Wellness Visit
- 12 Things You Want to Know About Flu – Office for Women’s Health blog
- Health coverage and your federal income taxes – see this page for helpful information and documents important when filing your taxes.
- Official Marketplace information source for assisters and outreach partners = https://marketplace.cms.gov/
- CMS Faith-Based Liaisons by Region – CMSFBLiaisonsListNov2014 (These liaisons assist with enrollment events by working with local navigators and are available to provide marketplace presentations)
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Living with a Mental Health Condition – Several resources are available on this page including:
- Getting help paying for medications
- Taking Care of Your Body
- Succeeding at Work
- Faith and Spirituality
- Understanding Health Insurance
- Managing Stress
- Finding a Mental Health Professional
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources. The toll-free National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL) at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The service is available to everyone. The deaf and hard of hearing can contact the Lifeline via TTY at 1-800-799-4889. All calls are confidential. Learn more on the NSPL’s website.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative – 3 page Understanding Child Trauma flyer
- Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator – a confidential and anonymous source of information for persons seeking treatment facilities in the United States or U.S. Territories for substance abuse/addiction and/or mental health problems.