Faith leaders and staff at places of worship play an important role in creating and maintaining healthy communities across the United States. As a faith-based, caring leader, you can help address the toll of tobacco use in your community by providing information to smokers who are trying to quit. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has developed brand new fact sheets specific to every state to help you make a difference.
The goal of these new tools is to encourage faith leaders like you to learn about the burden of tobacco use in your state and help smokers in your community quit smoking for good with customized tips and conversation starters.
To get your state fact sheet, just access This Link and click on your state, found on the map. Every state fact sheet is downloadable and printable.
These new fact sheets can be used in several ways:
- Use the content as a conversation starter with those in your congregation or community
- Cut and paste facts or content from fact sheets into church bulletins
- Create signs or posters with state numbers and facts
- Share the Quitline number or Tips campaign website links on your website or throughout your place of worship
- Use fact sheet content in presentations to those in your community
For more information on how you can help those in your congregation quit smoking, check out CDC’s Faith-based Organization’s page.