October 27th, 2015 202-456-1111
As of October 21, the Deeming regulation is at the White House. Hopefully, this a positive step toward having a final rule in the near future. The timing of this news is fortunate as we have planned a National Call-In Day to the White House on Tuesday, October 27 to request President Obama to finalize the Deeming rule.
We hope that all your organizations will be able to join us in participating in this national day of action. What we are asking is for people to call the White House comment line at 202-456-1111 on October 27 and ask President Obama to stand up for our kids and public health by giving the Food and Drug Administration the authority to regulate all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, cigars and hookah.
Below are some sample talking points, tweets and Facebook messages. I have also attached a graphic that you can feel free to use on your social media channels. We will be using the hashtag #NoTobacco4Kids.
- I’m calling today to ask President Obama to finalize regulations to give the Food and Drug Administration the authority to protect our kids and the public health from e-cigarettes, cigars and hookah.
- Over 2 million kids are now using e-cigarettes, 1.4 million kids are smoking cigars and 1.6 million smoke hookah. There is NO federal oversight of these products and the companies are using candy and fruit-flavored products to target kids. It is past time to close the e-cigarette and cigar loophole.
- Please feel free to share a brief personal story on why this is important to you. It might be that you don’t want your kids to use tobacco products, that you are or were a smoker, or you just want to protect our nation’s health.
- Thank you. I hope we can count on the President to protect our kids from all tobacco products.
- Call the @WhiteHouse today: 202-456-1111. Tell President Obama to set rules for e-cigs, cigars, and hookah NOW! #NoTobacco4Kids
ACTION NEEDED TODAY: Call the @WhiteHouse at 202-456-1111. Tell President Obama to set rules for e-cigs, cigars, and hookah. #NoTobacco4Kids
- Today is our day of action: Call the @WhiteHouse at 202-456-1111 and tell Obama to set rules for e-cigs, cigars, and hookah. #NoTobacco4Kids
- Right now, @WhiteHouse is considering rules for e-cigs, cigars & hookah. Call Obama at 202-456-1111 and tell him to act now! #NoTobacco4Kids
- There’s no federal oversight of e-cigs, cigars or hookah – and companies are targeting kids. @WhiteHouse must set rules NOW! #NoTobacco4Kids
- Right now, there’s zero federal oversight of e-cigs, cigars, or hookah. We need @WhiteHouse to set common-sense rules NOW! #NoTobacco4Kids
Sample Facebook Messages
There’s no federal oversight of e-cigarettes, cigars, or hookah. And companies are targeting kids. Call President Obama today and tell him to set rules NOW: 202-456-1111.