Hello Conference Participant. You will find handouts for the conference sessions below as well as some additional information. Some speakers have several handouts, so make sure you download or print them all if you wish. You are welcome to print handouts from all sessions – and don’t forget the Poster Presenter Summaries included on this page. Don’t forget to also see the document with restaurant suggestions if you arrive before the Conference begins!
Materials will be available from now through 5:00 pm, Monday, Nov. 11, 2019. If you do not see a linked document for a speaker, the speaker either does not have handouts or will be providing copies for participants at the conference. This information is specifically intended for 2019 Conference Participants – please DO NOT forward to anyone else!
If you have any questions, please contact the HMA Office (800) 723-4291.
Friday, Oct. 11, 2019
Shane Meeker – Creating a good PITCH – Leaving your audience wanting more
Andy Buechel – Creating Sanctuary: Challenges Facing LGBT Youth – will provide handouts
Kim Lauch – Mindfulness: A Practice to Rekindle Your Flame
- RELAZENSHIPS Finest Worst Work Virtues Exercise
- RELAZENSHIPS Holistic Nutrition Coaching Brochure
- RELAZENSHIPS Holistic Recipes for HMA Presentation
- RELAZENSHIPS Mindful Communication Exercise 1
- RELAZENSHIPS Yoga Therapy Brochure
Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019
- B: Elizabeth Delaney –Changing the Trajectory: How Palliative Care Improves Quality of Life Across the Care Continuum
Hall of Excellence Poster Sessions
- K. MacDonald – Come Plan with Us: Desert Community Partners Inspire Full Lives & Meaningful Deaths
- D. Dixon – Emergency Preparedness Toolkit for Faith- Based Organizations Faith Community Nursing
- A. Combs – Presence under Pressure: Incorporating Intentionality into Blood Pressure (BP) Ministry
- P. Jacques – Communities of Compassion: Collaboration for Mental Health
- N. Romancheck – Presentation Summary Community Health Assessment of Islamic Foundation & NRomanchek IFN Community Health Assessment Survey
Keynote: Shane Meeker – A Movie Guide to Better Program Stories
Keynote: Kay Francis – Laugh! Just for the Health of it!
Sunday, Oct. 13, 2018
Keynote: J. Dana Trent – Living Wholly, Serving Faithfully: Contemporary Issues and Practices in Health Ministries
- A: J. Dana Trent –Practices and Spiritual Care for the Dying and Bereaved
- A: Cynthia Wacker – Moving Into Community: Development of Neighborhood Nurse Centers
- B: Lisa Dehner & Erin Hofmeyer – Physical Therapy for Older Adults
- A: Nicole Ayer – Tai Chi -An Innovative Community Based program to Address Fall Risk in Older Adults
- B: Debbie Garwood & Charlotte Evans – The EPIC Journey and a Three Year Study of those experiencing Homelessness
Monday, Oct. 14, 2018