American Red Cross:
- Faith-based factsheets (To get your state fact sheet use the link then click on your state, each sheet is downloadable & printable.
- Tips Campaign link for specific groups – this link has resources and stories for diverse audiences.
- Nonsmoking Bulletin Insert from American Baptist Home Mission Societies (provided in conjunction with “It Takes Faith” webinar on April 27, 2016)
Ebola Resource Materials
HHS Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships
Sample list of Health Guides available:
- Viral Hepatitis
- Bladder Health
- Seasonal Flu Guide
Zika Virus Resources
Health Insurance Marketplace!
- Health coverage and your federal income taxes – see this page for helpful information and documents important when filing your taxes.
- Official Marketplace information source for assisters and outreach partners = https://marketplace.cms.gov/
- CMS Faith-Based Liaisons by Region – CMSFBLiaisonsListNov2014 (These liaisons assist with enrollment events by working with local navigators and are available to provide marketplace presentations)
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative – 3 page Understanding Child Trauma flyer
- Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator – a confidential and anonymous source of information for persons seeking treatment facilities in the United States or U.S. Territories for substance abuse/addiction and/or mental health problems.
Previously Posted Items
A Music Memory program for patients with Dementia founded by Dan Cohen, MSW.
- Visit Music and Memory website
This article includes many ideas for teaching congregants about flu prevention.
Cancer Awareness resource sheet
The link above lists several topics of interest for children including: Laser Toys: Not Always Child’s Play, Anesthesia: Is it Safe for Young Brains?, and Babies and Reflux: When Spitting Up is Normal
A PowerPoint presentation comparing the role of HM to FCN.
Diabetes Awareness Tools (ADM=American Diabetes Month)
- Create Your Plate 2
- ADM Poster 8.5×11
- ADA Foot Care Poster Spanish & English (Page 1 is Spanish version, Page 2 is English version)
- ADM Poster 8.5×11 Spanish
- ADM 2014 Poster with DJ Spinderella
- Community Partners Guide ADM 2014
In this online toolkit, NDEP provides you with ideas and resources to support your Diabetes Alert Day outreach efforts.
The FDA Office of Women’s Health (FDA OWH) invites you to collaborate with them to distribute free, easy-to-read publications for women with diabetes.
FDA OWH has three booklets on Diabetes Medicines, Insulin, and Glucose Meters. These booklets list FDA-approved medicines and devices used in diabetes self-management. They also provide vital information such as potential side effects, general safety warnings, and questions to ask the health care provider.
All of these materials are FREE and can be ordered in bulk.
Use this flyer to plan several events focused on Food Safety for the month of September
Domestic violence resource sheet
Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
Health Insurance Marketplace
Learning Collaborative (Health Systems Learning Group): Outlines promising best practice models in implementing new healthcare law in communities.
Public Health Institute and the Centers for Disease Control: “Best Practice for Community Health Needs Assessment…” Read about Community Benefit Standards for Healthcare Institutions in light of new healthcare legislation.
They are requesting to hear about consumer experience issues… “As stake holders engaged with open enrollment activities for the Marketplace, we want to hear your comments related to ongoing implementation efforts. In order to make sure this information gets tracked and prioritized by our operational team, it is important that you help us by sharing Marketplace consumer experience issues. Comments should be directed to email@example.com.
Blog and Infographic: both provide a snapshot of they are – including technical issues they’re addressing and solutions being put into place.
International Day of Peace
NCOA National Flu + You Campaign
Link to the Campaign Information
Includes valuable links and resources for Heart Month and Nutrition Month. Plus you can easily print and distribute the whole flyer!
Partnerships for the Common Good: A Partnership Guides for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Organizations
This guide Guide is an invitation to our nation’s houses of worship, neighborhood associations, and community-based non-profits of all stripes – to join with us to strengthen the common good. It helps you get started on how to connect with government agencies to improve your community at large.
See Jane See – Women’s Healthy Eyes Now
Women are at significantly greater risk of blindness or visual impairment than men. In fact, according to the 2012 “Vision Problems in the US” study, 66 percent of those experiencing blindness are women, 61 percent of those suffering with cataracts are women and 65 percent of those with age-related macular degeneration are women.
“See Jane See – Women’s Healthy Eyes Now” is a web-based educational campaign dedicated solely to women’s vision health from Prevent Blindness America. See Jane See and the dedicated website, SeeJaneSee.org, offers free information and downloadable tip sheets created specifically for women on a variety of issues across the age spectrum.
This USDA toolkit was first released in March 2013 and provided valuable evidence based guidance in implementing policy, systems and environmental interventions in Child Care, School, Community and Family Settings. The updated version includes an entire section on Evaluation, which was not included in the previous edition.
Findings from the 2013 Summit on African American Health – National Medical Association